Music Together® is an internationally recognized early childhood music and movement program for children from birth through age 7—and the grownups who love them™. First offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement.
Music Together classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical. All children can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat, and participate with confidence in the music of our culture, provided that their early environment supports such learning.
Music Together is. . . .
• A community of children and their families and teachers sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants, and movement activities in relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented settings.
• Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children and "big kids" (5-, 6-, and 7-year-olds).
• Children participating at their own levels in mixed-age family-style classes, in preschool settings, or independently in Big Kids classes.
• Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child’s music environment—regardless of their own musical abilities.
• A new song collection every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles.
Visit Music Together’s website for more details about programming and the history of Music Together!